Asia Miles iShop – Earning
What happens if I cancel a purchase I've made or want a refund?
I am interested in a merchant who is no longer listed, can you tell me why this has happened?
How do I start shopping and earning?
Is it more expensive to purchase items via Asia Miles iShop than with retailers not on the site?
Can I earn Asia Miles if I am not an Asia Miles member?
My Asia Miles have been awarded at a slightly lower rate that expected, why is this?
I logged on to my account and made purchases via Asia Miles iShop, but my sales aren't showing up in my account – what's going on?
My cookies are enabled but my purchases still aren't showing up in my account?
I have contacted you about a missing purchase, how long can I expect to wait for my Asia Miles to appear on my Asia Miles account?
Why have my credited Asia Miles been cancelled?
I forgot to log on before buying something. Can I still receive Asia Miles for my purchase?
Are my Asia Miles immediately credited to my account?
How do I know how many Asia Miles I'll earn for a purchase through iShop?
Why do I earn more Asia Miles with some merchants than with others?
There's an online shop I visit frequently, but it's not part of Asia Miles iShop. How can I get it added?
Where can I check the transaction status of my Asia Miles iShop purchases?
I used to be able to make purchases at the Taobao website via Asia Miles iShop, but now I am directed to Taobao Mall. Can I still earn Asia Miles if I make purchases on the Taobao website?
You can cancel purchases and get a refund in the same way that you would directly with the merchant. However, you will not earn Asia Miles for any cancelled or refunded sales.
From time to time, merchants may decide that they no longer wish to participate in Asia Miles iShop. When this happens, we’ll update our listings and subsequently remove them from the website.
- Once you've selected a merchant from Asia Miles iShop website, be sure to login with your Asia Miles membership. If you have not logged in yet, you’ll find “Log in” and “Join Now” button at the bottom of the merchant description page. Login with your Asia Miles membership or join as an Asia Miles member right away for free.
- Once you've logged on as an Asia Miles member, be certain to enable the "cookies" function on your computer, so that we can track your path from Asia Miles iShop to the merchant's website and correctly allocate miles you earn. More about cookies.
- If have logged on already, you’ll find “Shop Now” button at the bottom of the merchant description page on iShop, click it and this will take you through to the merchant's website with your Asia Miles membership being tracked.
No, you will not spend any more by using the Asia Miles iShop website – in fact, you'll get the additional benefit of earning Asia Miles! All prices are the same as shopping directly with the merchants, however through the Asia Miles iShop website you can earn Asia Miles on every purchase you make. And, the service is completely free!
No. You must be an Asia Miles member and logged on to earn Asia Miles when shopping online. Join online – it's free and easy!
Many merchants deduct shipping charges, tax elements of a sale as well as currency conversion, before calculating how many Asia Miles you earn.
- It may be that the web browser you used at the time of your purchase had cookies disabled. Cookies allow us to track your purchase and without them there's no way for the system to allocate Asia Miles to your account. Read more about cookies.
- Your purchase will be processed as follow before Asia Miles to be credited to your account: within 5 days upon purchase, the sale transaction will be acknowledged when you receive a purchase status email from "Asia Miles iShop support" (email@example.com). Corresponding merchant will verify the transaction within 120 days, time taken is subject to individual merchants. If the sales transaction is approved by merchant, Asia Miles will be credited to member's account within 30 days.
- To earn Asia Miles through iShop successfully, make sure you have follow the procedures listed under "How it works" section.
Here are some best practice guidelines to help make sure you receive your Asia Miles:
- Make sure you log on to Asia Miles iShop and click “Shop Now.”
- Complete all your purchases online in one session.
- If you decide after the check-out stage that you want to purchase something else, close the merchant site window and start the process again from the Asia Miles iShop site.
- Don't retrieve previously-saved items from your shopping cart − instead, start from the beginning of the purchase process.
- If you're buying insurance, make sure you start from a completely new quote, and don't retrieve a saved one or use a renewal offer if you're already a policy-holder.
- Don't click on another banner or website promoting the merchant before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from Asia Miles iShop can affect the tracking of your purchase.
- Don't use a promotional discount voucher other than hose displayed on Asia Miles iShop. Doing so may cause the referral to come from the code issuer rather than from Asia Miles iShop. Don't use the "Refer a Friend" programme, as once again, this changes the referrer.
- Telephoning the merchant to complete or modify your order will likely override the Asia Miles iShop referral – therefore your Asia Miles will not be credited accordingly.
- Increasingly, some advert-blocking software programs block the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases, so please disable these programs.
Once we receive your missing mileage request, your claim will be verified within 5 working days:
- UNTRACKED PURCHASE: If the claim is valid, we will track the sales again and resend the purchase acknowledgement email to you. Mileage credit will then go through the normal flow (i.e. corresponding merchant to verify the transaction within 120 days. Once you receive the purchase approval email, Asia Miles will then be credited to member's account within 30 days.)
- TRACKED PURCHASE: If the claim is valid, we will acknowledge your claim by email, and confirm the purchase approval or mileage credit status within the next 30 days.
- If the claim is invalid, we will notify you with reasons of the invalid case.
Your Asia Miles may be cancelled for a number of reasons. The most common are:
- You have returned the products you purchased to the merchant.
- Your payment failed or you didn't meet the requirements of the merchant’s credit check.
- Your new registration has not been deemed genuine.
- Your last website click with this merchant didn't come from the same page that was directed from the Asia Miles iShop website.
- Your transaction didn't meet the merchant’s Terms and Conditions.
No – we regret we're unable to retrospectively allocate Asia Miles. The next time you shop, always remember to visit the merchant's website via Asia Miles iShop only, so that cookies can track your visit and we can allocate Asia Miles to your account accordingly.
Your purchase will be processed as follow before Asia Miles to be credited to your account:
- Within 5 days upon purchase, the sale transaction will be acknowledged when you receive a purchase status email from "Asia Miles iShop support" (firstname.lastname@example.org). Corresponding merchant will verify the transaction within 120 days, time taken is subject to individual merchants. If the sales transaction is approved by merchant, Asia Miles will be credited to member's account within 30 days.
- To understand more, see "How it works" on Asia Miles iShop.
Asia Miles iShop will outline how many Asia Miles you can expect to earn.
- For example, if a merchant is offering two Asia Miles per one dollar spent, and your transaction total is $50, you can expect to receive 100 Asia Miles.
- In another example, you may not earn Asia Miles per dollar spent, but rather a fixed amount of Asia Miles for a single purchase, or by registering for a service with that merchant. In this instance, you'll receive Asia Miles for that one action, but not for subsequent actions or purchases on that merchant's site.
- The amount of Asia Miles you will earn cannot be confirmed until payment has been received by Asia Miles from the merchant (this is dependent on the mileage earning rate and currency exchange rates at time of payment.)
Only the individual merchants of Asia Miles iShop can decide on the amount of Asia Miles that will be credited to users for shopping with them.
We're constantly adding and looking for new merchants, so if you know of a great online service or shop that you'd like to see added to our growing list, please contact us and let us know.
If your transaction is successfully tracked, you can view the record along with its current status online. Simply log on to the iShop website with your Asia Miles membership and select “iShop Transaction History.”
Starting from 7 January 2011, only transactions made at Taobao Mall via Asia Miles iShop will earn Asia Miles. In addition, please ensure that “S8” or “Search8” appears in the URL when you click on the product.
About Asia Miles
Asia Miles News
- Enjoy a better experience with our new lifestyle award redemption store – Asia Miles iRedeem
- Special Ticketing Guideline due to Special Situation in Bangkok
- Asia Miles and The Wall Street Journal (Asia) suspend partnership temporarily