Extra Baggage Redemption
When travelling on Cathay Pacific or Dragonair, you can save on extra baggage costs by redeeming your Asia Miles for extra baggage allowance. The number of Asia Miles required depends on your travel distance.
For example, you need only 6,500 Asia Miles to redeem an extra 10kgs of baggage on a flight from Hong Kong to Shanghai (Zone A).
|Zone distance in miles||0-600||601-1,200||1,201-2,500||2,501-5,000||5,001-7,500||7,501-10,000||10,001+|
|Asia Miles per 10kg (22lbs)#||5,000||6,500||9,000||12,000||18,000||21,000||24,000|
|Asia Miles per bag*||8,000||10,000||12,000||16,000||24,000||28,000||32,000|
|Asia Miles per oversize bag^||12,000|
# Applicable on all flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific (including Cathay Pacific/Dragonair connections), and on all flights between Auckland and Hong Kong where the itinerary contains an onward flight to any other destination (for tickets issued on or after 12 December 2012 and for travel commencing on or after 31 January 2013). Excludes journeys with any flight sector to, from or via the Americas. (Extra charge by weight).
* Applicable on flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific (including Cathay Pacific/Dragonair connections) for journeys which include any flight sector to, from or via the Americas; and between Auckland and Hong Kong (for tickets issued on or after 12 December 2012 and for travel commencing on or after 31 January 2013). (Extra charge by weight).
^ Applicable on flights marketed and operated by Cathay Pacific (including Cathay Pacific/Dragonair connections) for journeys which include any flight sector to, from or via the Americas, or between Auckland and Hong Kong (For ticket issued on or after 12 December 2012 and travel on or after 31 January 2013) for bags heavier or larger than the stated free baggage allowance, over 23kg (50lbs) and up to 32kg (70lbs) for Economy Class, or over 158cm (62in) and up to 203cm (80in) for all classes.
You can find out the mileage distance of your flight by visiting Airline Earn Calculator.
How to redeem your extra baggage allowance
- Cathay Pacific: Please go to our service desk at Aisle B, Departures Hall, Terminal 1 of Hong Kong International Airport.
- Dragonair: Please go to our service desk at Aisle H, Departures Hall, Terminal 1 of Hong Kong International Airport.
- Contact us at our service hotline at least 10 working days before your flight departure.
- To claim your extra baggage allowance voucher, please remember to have your booking reference number handy.
Terms and conditions
- Award zones are based on one-way distance per flight sector basis.
- Extra baggage allowance redemption is available on a per flight sector basis on all Cathay Pacific / Dragonair marketed and operated flights unless otherwise stated, and is subject as always to availability and loading.
- Joint venture and code-share flights are excluded.
- Each member can redeem a maximum of 100kg of baggage (for all destinations except for journeys which include any flight sector to/from Americas) or 2 pieces (for journeys which include any flight sector to/from Americas) of baggage per redemption per flight sector.
- Extra baggage redemption vouchers issued on Cathay Pacific flights cannot be used on Dragonair flights, and vice versa.
- Same redemption rate for all classes of travel and for all members unless otherwise stated.
- Award is only available on journeys where the first sector is a Cathay Pacific/Dragonair flight.
- Normal redemption rules apply unless otherwise stated.
- Redemption has no cash value and therefore cannot be refunded.
- Asia Miles for unused baggage allowance are not refundable or transferable.
- Vouchers are valid for one month from date of issue, but only for travel on the original itinerary.
- Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Flight Award Finder
Search and book accommodation for your next trip at over 60,000 hotels
Car Rental Awards
Get your holiday moving with our car rental awards at top rental partners