Dining - Miles Plus Cash (For Hong Kong only)
- The Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app is only available to Members dining with our dining partners in Hong Kong, or for takeaways or deliveries where payment is made at the dining partner's designated location in Hong Kong.
- To use the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app, Members must connect their Asia Miles account with their OpenRice account on the Cathay app and link either their Mastercard or Visa credit card to the Cathay app.
- All payments must be made in Hong Kong dollars (HKD).
- By using the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app, Members may choose to pay the dining partner using Mileage Credits and/or cash, whereby the cash portion is paid using the Mastercard or Visa credit card that is linked to the Cathay app.
- From now until 31 December 2021, first 50,000 members will receive 200 miles Mileage Credits as the a welcome bonus upon the the Member’s first successful payment using Miles Plus Cash at one of our Partner Restaurantsdining partners in Hong Kong. The Welcome bonus Mileage Credits will be credited to the relevant Asia Miles account 4 to 6 weeks after the completion of the first eligible dining transaction.
- All Mileage Credits must be in the Member’s account at the time of payment, and the pooling of Mileage Credits from a number of different Member’s accounts is not permitted.
- Members may earn Mileage Credits on the cash portion pursuant to clause 5 of the Dining section above and the Mileage Credits will be credited to the Member’s account which is linked to the Cathay app that is used for payment.
- All payments using the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app will be collected by OpenRice Limited and the merchant on your statement will be indicated as “OpenRice Limited”.
- If the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay App is not available for any reason, dining partner shall provide other forms of Mileage Crediting, however, redemption of Mileage Credits will not be available.
- All money paid by Members using the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The redemption rate for Mileage Credits is 1,500 Mileage Credits = HKD50, with a minimum spend of HKD50 for each dining transaction.
- Marco Polo Club Silver Members and above or cardholders of the Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard® can enjoy a 10% discount on all dining redemptions when using the Miles Plus Cash payment function on the Cathay app. This offer is not cumulative and cannot be used together in one transaction. This offer is also not available for dining redemptions on lifestyle.asiamiles.com. For Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard cardholders, all clauses under the section “Dining Privileges (applicable to Standard Chartered Cathay Mastercard Credit Cardholders)” shall also apply to this offer.
- Members must hold a banquet at the location designated by the banquets partner in order to earn Mileage Credits. Members staying at hotels and holding banquets at that hotel must settle payment separately in order to earn Mileage Credits.
- It is the Member's responsibility to check the details of their receipt issued by the banquets partner for accuracy and to retain the original customer copy before leaving the banquets partner. AML and CPA are not liable for Mileage Credits claim in the event of loss of the original receipt issued by the banquets partner and/or non-presentation of membership card at the time of payment.
- Mileage Credits will be earned on total food and beverage spending when holding a banquet including service charges and taxes, where applicable. Tips are excluded in all markets. Please refer to dining.asiamiles.com for details.
- Spending criteria or earning proposition varies depending on the market and banquets partners. Please refer to dining.asiamiles.com for details.
- Mileage Credits cannot be earned in conjunction with other banquets partner–related promotions or discounts. Members are advised to check with individual banquets partner prior to booking.
- Banquets partners may apply additional terms and conditions with regard to the availability and eligibility of earning Mileage Credits.